Welcome to Dispensed Daily, your daily dose of healthcare news from Business Insider’s healthcare editor Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer and the healthcare team. Subscribe here to get this newsletter in your inbox every weekday.
Today in healthcare news: RBC shares 7 healthcare stocks to buy now to prepare for a Biden victory, US coronavirus testing is going in the wrong direction, and an expert who predicted a coronavirus “second wave” now says the pandemic is like “a forest fire looking for human wood to burn.”
If you’d like to subscribe to Business Insider to read even more of our reporting, I encourage you to use this 20% discount code for an annual subscription. Don’t forget we also offer a one-month trial for only $1.
JIM WATSON,DOMINICK REUTER/AFP/Getty Images
- Who wins the presidential election in November will have vast implications for the healthcare industry, given that former Vice President Joe Biden wants to build on the Affordable Care Act while President Donald Trump wants to invalidate it in court.
- RBC’s analysts identified seven healthcare stocks that investors should buy to prepare for a Biden victory.
- They predicted Gilead Sciences, UnitedHealth Group, and Mylan would do well regardless of who wins.
US coronavirus testing is going in the wrong direction. Declines could partially explain why cases seem to be dropping.
- The US weekly average of new coronavirus cases dipped 8% compared to two weeks prior.
- On the surface, the nation’s outbreak looks to be declining after June’s dramatic case surge.
- But it turns out that testing has dropped, too, including in hot spots.
Experts no longer expect seasonal coronavirus waves: The pandemic is like ‘a forest fire looking for human wood to burn’
- In April, a group of experts projected that a second, more severe wave of coronavirus infections would come in the fall.
- But now one of those experts says “there are no waves.”
- Instead, he characterizes the pandemic as “a forest fire” that just keeps burning.
More stories we’re reading:
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
- Novavax just published early data on its coronavirus vaccine, and now the company is gearing up for a massive study (Stat)
- Why pregnant women face special risks from COVID-19 (Science)
- Social distancing ‘substantially varies’ by income: study (Market Watch)
- The National Association of the Deaf is suing the White House for not including sign-language interpreters during its televised coronavirus press briefings (Business Insider)
Is there a part of the coronavirus stimulus deal that would massively change the healthcare system, but isn’t getting enough attention? What trends during the pandemic are forever changing the industry? You can email the whole team your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to get Dispensed delivered to your inbox every day — and take care!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe