- You can update your Amazon Fire Stick to the latest software through your device’s settings.
- Updating your software will keep your Amazon Fire Stick device running efficiently and up to date with the latest features.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Like any internet-abled product released nowadays, the Fire Stick can be updated regularly, implementing new features and ensuring the device runs efficiently.
Here’s how to manually update your Amazon Fire Stick.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to update your Amazon Fire Stick
1. Plug your Amazon Fire Stick into your television and a power source. Then, select the correct input on your TV so that your Fire Stick appears.
2. After your Amazon Fire Stick is connected, scroll up two times using your remote until your cursor highlights the “Home” tab.
3. Then, scroll to the right and click “Settings.”
4. In “Settings,” scroll to the right and click on the “My Fire TV” tab.
5. In “My Fire TV” click on “About.” In “About” scroll down and select “Check for Updates” to see if your device is up to date. If you see “Install Update” that means that there is an update available for your device and you should click it.
6. Select “Install Update” on your remote and your TV should power off. It will take a few minutes for your device to install the update.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe