- When you sync OneNote notebooks, you ensure your work on Microsoft’s notes composition app is consistent and backed up across your devices.
- By default, OneNote syncs automatically, but there’s also the option to sync your notebooks manually.
- Manual sync on OneNote can be configured and performed through the “View Sync Status” under the File menu.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Microsoft’s OneNote program is one way to stay on top of and share essential project notes and materials.
To help save your work and ensure no progress is lost, whether you’re in the office or working on the go, the OneNote software offers users a sync feature. No matter what device you’re on, OneNote will update your latest changes so they’re visible anywhere your notebook is open.
Even better, with syncing across platforms, your most current OneNote work is accessible to shared notebook viewers and editors. You can choose to sync a single notebook or all of them.
OneNote syncs automatically on Macs and PCs, but you can also manually sync your notebooks to have changes uploaded faster on a Windows laptop or desktop. Here’s how PC users can get started configuring and executing manual syncing in OneNote in five steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to sync OneNote notebooks on a PC
1. Launch OneNote from your PC.
2. Select “File” to pull up account details and options for notebooks you’ve created.
3. Click “View Sync Status.”
4. A window titled “Shared Notebook Synchronization” will pop up. At the top, select “Sync manually” from the program’s two listed options.
5. Next to the notebook you want to sync, click “Sync Now manually.”
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe