- Blade Runner artistic director Syd Mead called the Cybertruck “stylistically breathtaking.”
- Elon Musk had previously said the truck would look like a vehicle from the popular sci-fi movie.
- Mead also told Business Insider that he was “truly flattered” that Musk had taken inspiration from the movie.
Syd Mead, the artistic director behind popular sci-fi movie Blade Runner, said in an emailed statement to Business Insider that Tesla’s new Cybertruck “has completely changed the vocabulary of the personal truck market design.”
Mead called the futuristic-looking design “stylistically breathtaking” and said it went beyond his expectations.
When Elon Musk first announced the truck last November, he told Recode’s Kara Swisher that the truck would “look like something out of ‘Blade Runner.'” Mead said in his statement that, “as a long time admirer of Elon Musk, [he] was truly flattered” to hear that the Cybertruck would take a cue from the movie.
- Read more:
- Everything that happened when Elon Musk unveiled the Cybertruck, including the window-breaking mistake that made him say ‘Oh my f—ing god’
- The 12 coolest features of Tesla’s new $39,900 Cybertruck pickup
- ‘Looks weird… like, really weird’: Wall Street isn’t sold on Tesla’s new Cybertruck design. Here’s what 7 analysts think about the electric pickup.
- Elon Musk took shots at Ford’s F-150 and other automakers during Tesla’s Cybertruck reveal
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe